(adapted from Natasha's Kitchen)
1 lb. apricots, sliced
2 cups cherries, pitted
1/4 cup sugar
1 tbs. unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. almond extract
1 pie crust (store bought or this favorite recipe)
1/4 cup milk
sugar, for sprinkling on crust
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the apricots and cherries in a bowl with the sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and almond extract.
- Roll pie crust out onto parchment paper and place on sheet pan.
- Pour fruit mixture into middle of pie crust, leaving about a 2 inch border on all sides.
- Fold pie crust over fruit and pinch to seal. Brush milk on pie crust edges and sprinkle sugar on top.
- Bake in oven for about 20 minutes, or until crust turns golden brown and the fruit juices are syrupy.
- Remove from oven and cool for 15 minutes before slicing and serving!